A journey through fifty books in one year, with quick reviews as I go.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

5/50

Book: The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner #2)
Author: James Dashner
Rating: *****

Review: So, I officially cannot wait until the third book in this series comes out, something I very rarely say with such conviction. I thought that this was going to be a series that I would be interested in reading, but never something I would get this hooked on. I read this book in two sittings. The chapters are so well put together that, as soon as the characters are solving one problem, the next one is introduced and you're stuck reading the next chapter too, because you just have to find out what they do with this new set of "Variables" as they come to be called.

I also had no idea that this story line was going to get even more intense than what was presented in The Maze Runner. I really wasn't sure if it was possible to have more questions than I did while reading that book, but it was. Every other page seemed to open up a whole new series of what-ifs, whys, who-done-its, and more.

Definitely, 110% recommended this series to any interested in young adult dystopian fiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment