A journey through fifty books in one year, with quick reviews as I go.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

4/50

Book: The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1)
Author: James Dashner
Rating: *****

Review:I picked this book up and only put it down because I had to sleep. I picked it right back up again in the morning and finished it in a less than 12 hour period. I was that hooked on the story line.

This book grabs you with questions from the very first page and the questions never stop. It is fast paced, well developed, and perfectly lovely (or unlovely, as the case may be, given that it does fit into a YA Dystopian category quite nicely).

I am fond of the character development. The author give you a very good idea of what the person is like with out repeating incessantly, boring you, or giving you more information about someone's appearance that you even know about your best friend of 15 year's appearance. In a similar fashion, the use of just enough and not too much in the way of descriptive language is very nice. In a book like this it sort of lets you fill in the nightmare in whatever way makes it the creepiest to you.

Definitely off to the library asap to get my hands on more of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment